Delta Reserve Business Card Review
The Delta Reserve for Business American Express card is tailored for business travelers who frequently fly with Delta Air Lines. This review examines the card's premium features, miles-earning opportunities, and annual fees, helping you decide if it aligns with your business travel preferences.
The Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card is a premium business credit card offered by American Express in partnership with Delta Air Lines. It's designed for business travelers who are frequent Delta flyers and offers a range of benefits and rewards. Here's a review of the Delta Reserve Business Card, highlighting its key features and benefits:
Welcome Bonus: The Delta Reserve Business Card typically offers a substantial welcome bonus to new cardholders who meet the spending requirements within the specified time frame. These bonus miles can be used for travel on Delta or its partner airlines.
Miles Earning: Cardholders earn Delta SkyMiles on every purchase, and the card may offer bonus miles for specific spending categories, such as Delta purchases.
Delta Sky Club Access: One of the primary features of this card is complimentary Delta Sky Club access. Cardholders and up to two guests traveling on the same Delta flight receive access to Delta Sky Club lounges. This perk can be valuable for frequent travelers, offering a quiet place to work or relax before a flight.
Companion Certificate: Each year upon renewal, cardholders receive a Companion Certificate, which allows them to bring a companion on a domestic round-trip Delta flight for a reduced fee (plus taxes and fees). This can result in significant savings for cardholders.
Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs): For high spenders, the card offers an opportunity to earn bonus Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) towards Delta's Medallion status, which can lead to elite benefits like priority boarding and complimentary upgrades.
First Checked Bag Free: Cardholders and up to eight companions on the same reservation receive their first checked bag free on Delta flights, which can lead to savings on baggage fees.
Priority Boarding: Enjoy Main Cabin 1 priority boarding on Delta flights, allowing you to board early and secure overhead bin space.
No Foreign Transaction Fees: The card does not charge foreign transaction fees, making it a suitable choice for international travel.
Annual Fee: The Delta Reserve Business Card comes with a significant annual fee, which you'll need to consider when evaluating its value. The benefits and rewards should ideally offset this fee for your business.
Delta Loyalty: To maximize the benefits of this card, you should be a loyal Delta flyer. If you frequently fly with other airlines, a general travel rewards card might offer more versatility.
Credit Score Requirements: The Delta Reserve Business Card typically requires good to excellent credit for approval, so make sure your credit score aligns with the card's requirements.
Changing Terms: Credit card terms and rewards structures can change over time, so it's essential to check the most up-to-date terms and conditions before applying for the card.
In summary, the Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card is an excellent choice for business travelers who are devoted Delta Air Lines flyers and value premium travel benefits, including Delta Sky Club access, free checked bags, and an annual Companion Certificate. However, the annual fee is significant, so make sure the card's features align with your business travel habits and preferences to justify the cost.
Assessing the premium benefits of the Delta Reserve for Business American Express card..
The Delta Reserve for Business American Express card offers a number of premium benefits, including:
- Delta Sky Club® Access: Cardholders and up to two authorized users receive complimentary access to Delta Sky Clubs worldwide.
- Delta Sky Club One-Time Guest Passes: Cardholders receive four one-time guest passes to Delta Sky Clubs per year.
- Companion Certificate: Cardholders earn a companion certificate after spending $30,000 on purchases in a calendar year. This certificate allows a companion to fly on Delta for a reduced fare.
- Access to Complimentary Upgrades: Cardholders receive complimentary upgrades to Delta First Class and Delta Comfort+ on domestic and international flights, based on availability.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® Application Fee Credit: Cardholders receive a statement credit of up to $100 every four years to cover the application fee for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®.
- Delta Vacations® Flight Discounts: Cardholders receive exclusive discounts on Delta Vacations packages.
- American Express Purchase Protection: Cardholders are protected against theft and damage for up to 120 days after purchase.
- American Express Extended Warranty: Cardholders receive an additional year of warranty protection on eligible purchases.
These benefits can be valuable for business travelers who frequently fly Delta. The Delta Sky Club access and complimentary upgrades can save cardholders a significant amount of money on travel expenses. The Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® application fee credit and American Express Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty can also be valuable for business travelers.
Overall, the premium benefits of the Delta Reserve for Business American Express card can be worth the annual fee for business travelers who frequently fly Delta.
Here is a breakdown of the value of some of the key premium benefits:
- Delta Sky Club access: A Delta Sky Club membership costs $545 per year. Cardholders and up to two authorized users receive complimentary access, so this benefit can save cardholders up to $1,635 per year.
- Companion Certificate: The companion certificate can be used to book a round-trip Delta flight for a companion at a reduced fare. The fare varies depending on the route, but it is typically around $99 plus taxes and fees. This benefit can save cardholders hundreds of dollars on travel expenses.
- Access to Complimentary Upgrades: Cardholders are eligible for complimentary upgrades to Delta First Class and Delta Comfort+ on domestic and international flights, based on availability. This benefit can save cardholders a significant amount of money on travel expenses, especially on long-haul flights.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® Application Fee Credit: The Global Entry application fee is $100 and the TSA PreCheck® application fee is $85. Cardholders receive a statement credit of up to $100 every four years to cover the application fee for either program. This benefit can save cardholders money on the cost of applying for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®, which can expedite their travel through airport security.
It is important to note that the value of these benefits will vary depending on how often you travel and your travel habits. For example, if you do not fly Delta very often, the Delta Sky Club access and complimentary upgrades may not be as valuable to you. However, if you frequently fly Delta on long-haul flights, these benefits can save you a significant amount of money.