Free Spirit Travel More Review
The Free Spirit Travel More credit card caters to travelers looking for airline rewards. This review evaluates the card's perks, rewards structure, and how it stacks up against other travel credit cards, helping you decide if it suits your travel needs.
"Free Spirit" is the frequent flyer program for Spirit Airlines. While there was a program called "Free Spirit Travel More" that offered elite status, this program's features and benefits may have evolved or changed since that time. It's essential to check the most up-to-date information on the Spirit Airlines website or contact Spirit Airlines directly for the latest details on their frequent flyer program and any related "Travel More" offerings.
However, I can provide an overview of what a typical frequent flyer program like Free Spirit might offer:
Key Features and Benefits of a Frequent Flyer Program:
Miles Earning: Frequent flyer members earn miles for every mile they fly on Spirit Airlines or its partner airlines. Members may also earn miles through credit card spending, hotel stays, car rentals, and various promotional activities.
Elite Status: Frequent flyer programs often have elite status tiers, such as Silver and Gold, which provide additional benefits like priority boarding, free checked bags, and bonus miles. The "Travel More" aspect you mentioned might be related to elite status within the program.
Redeeming Miles: Members can redeem their miles for free flights, seat upgrades, and other travel-related expenses. Many programs also allow miles to be used for partner airline flights or for other travel rewards, such as hotel stays and car rentals.
Family Pooling: Some programs allow members to pool miles with family members or share elite status benefits.
No Blackout Dates: Many frequent flyer programs, including Free Spirit, offer flexible booking options with no blackout dates, allowing members to use their miles for travel even during peak periods.
Co-Branded Credit Cards: Frequent flyer programs often have co-branded credit cards that allow members to earn miles on everyday spending and offer additional benefits like bonus miles for initial spending and travel-related perks.
No Expiry: Some frequent flyer programs have policies that prevent miles from expiring as long as the member remains active in the program.
Limited Routes: Spirit Airlines is a low-cost carrier, which means that while they offer competitive fares, their route network might be more limited compared to major airlines. This may restrict the destinations where you can use your miles.
Fees: While the program may allow you to earn miles through credit card spending, it's important to be aware of any fees or charges associated with card membership or mile redemption.
Tier Qualification: Earning and maintaining elite status may require significant annual flying and spending on Spirit Airlines, which may not be practical for all travelers.
Limited Partner Airlines: Some frequent flyer programs have limited partnerships with other airlines, which could limit your options for redeeming miles on a broader range of flights.
To get the most accurate and current information regarding the "Travel More" aspect of the Free Spirit program, I recommend visiting the official Spirit Airlines website or contacting their customer service. This will allow you to understand the latest features, benefits, and requirements associated with the program and elite status.
Assessing the benefits of the Free Spirit Travel More credit card..
The Free Spirit Travel More credit card is a good option for travelers who want to earn Spirit Airlines miles and get a variety of other features and benefits. The card offers the following benefits:
- Earn 3 miles per $1 spent on eligible Spirit purchases. This is a good earning rate for an airline rewards card, especially given that Spirit Airlines is a budget airline.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on eligible dining and grocery store purchases. This is also a good earning rate for these types of purchases, and it can help you rack up miles quickly.
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases. This is a standard earning rate for most credit cards.
- Receive a $100 Companion Flight Voucher after making at least $5,000 in purchases within the prior anniversary year. This is a valuable benefit for travelers who often fly with Spirit Airlines, as it can save you a significant amount of money on airfare.
- Get Automatic Zone 2 Shortcut Boarding on all flights. This benefit allows you to board early, which can save you time and hassle at the airport.
- No blackout dates or expiration dates on points. This means you can use your miles whenever and however you want.
- No foreign transaction fees. This is a great benefit for travelers who frequently travel internationally.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year. After that, it's just $79. This is a relatively low annual fee for an airline rewards card.
Overall, the Free Spirit Travel More credit card is a good option for travelers who want to earn Spirit Airlines miles and get a variety of other features and benefits. The card has a good earning rate on Spirit purchases, and it offers a number of valuable benefits, such as a Companion Flight Voucher and Automatic Zone 2 Shortcut Boarding. Additionally, the card has no foreign transaction fees and a relatively low annual fee.
Here are some tips for maximizing your Free Spirit Travel More credit card benefits:
- Use your card for Spirit purchases. Earn 3 miles per $1 spent on eligible Spirit purchases, which is the highest earning rate on the card.
- Take advantage of the Companion Flight Voucher. If you make at least $5,000 in purchases within the prior anniversary year, you will receive a $100 Companion Flight Voucher. This voucher can be used to save money on airfare for a companion traveler.
- Get Automatic Zone 2 Shortcut Boarding. Enjoy priority boarding on all Spirit flights when you use your Free Spirit Travel More credit card.
- Redeem your miles for free flights. The best value for your miles is to redeem them for free flights on Spirit Airlines. You can also redeem your miles for other travel rewards, such as hotel stays and rental cars.
- Avoid carrying a balance. The Free Spirit Travel More credit card has a high interest rate, so it is important to avoid carrying a balance. If you do carry a balance, you will be charged interest on your purchases, which can eat away at your rewards.
By following these tips, you can maximize your Free Spirit Travel More credit card benefits and save money on your travels.