Canceling Your Walmart Credit Card
If you're thinking about canceling your Walmart Credit Card, it's essential to understand the process, potential impacts on your credit score, and any outstanding balances. This guide walks you through the steps and considerations when closing your Walmart Credit Card account.
The American Express Gold Card and the Chase Sapphire Preferred are two popular travel rewards credit cards, each with its own set of benefits and features. Here's a comparison of the two cards to help you decide which one may be a better fit for your needs:
American Express Gold Card:
- The Amex Gold Card is part of the American Express Membership Rewards program, which offers flexible point redemption options.
- The card earns 4x points at U.S. supermarkets (up to $25,000 per year), 4x points at restaurants worldwide, 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or via Amex Travel, and 1x point on all other purchases.
- The Gold Card typically offers a generous welcome bonus to new cardmembers.
- The card comes with an annual fee, and there may be additional fees for certain benefits like the $120 dining credit and airline fee credit.
- The card offers a $120 dining credit, $100 airline fee credit, and access to The Hotel Collection.
- Membership Rewards points can be transferred to a variety of airline and hotel partners, potentially offering great value for travel redemptions.
Chase Sapphire Preferred:
- The Chase Sapphire Preferred is part of the Chase Ultimate Rewards program, known for its flexibility and valuable transfer partners.
- The card earns 2x points on travel and dining worldwide, and 1x point on all other purchases.
- The Sapphire Preferred typically offers a sizable welcome bonus to new cardmembers.
- The card comes with an annual fee, and there are no additional fees for specific benefits.
- The Sapphire Preferred offers benefits like primary rental car insurance, trip cancellation/interruption insurance, and no foreign transaction fees.
- Ultimate Rewards points can be transferred to various airline and hotel partners, making them valuable for travel redemptions.
- If you spend a significant amount on dining and groceries, the Amex Gold Card may be more rewarding due to its higher earning rates in these categories.
- The Chase Sapphire Preferred may be a better choice if you want solid travel benefits, such as primary rental car insurance, and a straightforward earning structure for travel and dining expenses.
- Both cards offer competitive welcome bonuses, but the specific offers can vary, so check the current promotions.
- Consider your travel and redemption preferences. Membership Rewards points and Ultimate Rewards points can be valuable when used with their respective transfer partners, so the choice may depend on which partners align better with your travel plans.
Ultimately, the choice between these two cards should depend on your spending habits, travel goals, and the specific benefits that matter most to you. It's a good idea to assess which card aligns best with your lifestyle and financial preferences to maximize your rewards and benefits.
The steps and considerations involved in canceling a Walmart Credit Card..
Here are the steps and considerations involved in canceling a Walmart Credit Card:
- Call Walmart Credit Card customer service at 1-800-966-9655.
- Tell the customer service representative that you want to cancel your card.
- They will ask you for your account information, such as your name, account number, and date of birth.
- Once they have verified your account information, they will process your cancellation request.
- They will tell you how long it will take for your cancellation to be processed.
- They will also tell you if you have any outstanding balance on your card. If you do, you will need to pay it off before your card is canceled.
- Closing a credit card can have a negative impact on your credit score.
- If you have any outstanding balance on your card, you will need to pay it off before your card is canceled.
- If you are using your Walmart Credit Card to pay for any recurring charges, such as a monthly subscription, you will need to cancel those charges before you cancel your card.
- You may want to consider transferring your balance to another credit card before you cancel your Walmart Credit Card. This can help you avoid paying interest on your balance while you are waiting for your card to be canceled.
Reasons to Cancel a Walmart Credit Card
There are a few reasons why you might want to cancel your Walmart Credit Card:
- You are no longer using the card.
- You have found a better rewards program with another credit card.
- You are trying to reduce the number of credit cards you have.
- You are having financial difficulties and need to reduce your expenses.
If you are considering canceling your Walmart Credit Card, be sure to weigh the pros and cons carefully. Closing a credit card can have a negative impact on your credit score, but it may be the best decision for you in the long run.