Aviator Red Mastercard Review
The Aviator Red Mastercard is associated with American Airlines. This review explores the card's features, earning potential, and travel-related perks, providing insights into whether it's a valuable addition to your wallet.
The AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard® is a good option for travelers who want to earn American Airlines miles. It offers a generous sign-up bonus and a solid rewards program, with no foreign transaction fees and a variety of travel benefits.
Sign-up bonus: New cardholders can earn 50,000 American Airlines miles after spending $2,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. This is a very valuable sign-up bonus, as American Airlines miles can be redeemed for a variety of awards, including flights, upgrades, and merchandise.
Rewards program: The Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard earns 2 miles per dollar on American Airlines purchases and 1 mile per dollar on all other purchases. This is a good rewards rate for an entry-level travel rewards card.
Travel benefits: The Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard comes with a variety of travel benefits, including:
- Priority boarding: Cardholders get priority boarding on American Airlines flights.
- Checked bag fee credit: Cardholders receive a checked bag fee credit of up to $25 per bag on up to 5 bags per year on American Airlines flights.
- No foreign transaction fees: Cardholders pay no foreign transaction fees on purchases made outside of the United States.
- Travel accident insurance: Cardholders are covered by travel accident insurance of up to $500,000.
- Rental car insurance: Cardholders are covered by rental car insurance of up to $75,000 when renting a car with their card.
Annual fee: The Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard has an annual fee of $99. This is a relatively low annual fee for a travel rewards card, especially given the generous sign-up bonus and travel benefits.
Overall, the AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard® is a good option for travelers who want to earn American Airlines miles. It offers a generous sign-up bonus, a solid rewards program, and a variety of travel benefits, all for a relatively low annual fee.
Here are some pros and cons of the Aviator Red Mastercard:
- Generous sign-up bonus
- Solid rewards program
- Variety of travel benefits
- No foreign transaction fees
- Relatively low annual fee
- Rewards rate could be higher on non-American Airlines purchases
- Some travel benefits may not be valuable to all travelers
- Annual fee is still a cost to consider
Overall, the Aviator Red Mastercard is a good option for travelers who want to earn American Airlines miles. It is especially valuable for travelers who can take advantage of the sign-up bonus and travel benefits.
A detailed look at the Aviator Red Mastercard's offerings and benefits..
The Aviator Red Mastercard is a co-branded credit card offered by Barclays in partnership with American Airlines. It is designed for frequent travelers and American Airlines enthusiasts, offering a range of benefits and rewards that cater to those who often fly with the airline. Here's a detailed look at the Aviator Red Mastercard's offerings and benefits:
1. Welcome Bonus: Aviator Red often provides a welcome bonus to new cardmembers. The bonus typically includes bonus miles after you make your first purchase within a certain time frame, such as the first 90 days.
2. Earning AAdvantage Miles:
- Cardmembers earn AAdvantage miles for every dollar spent on eligible American Airlines purchases.
- You can also earn AAdvantage miles for all other purchases, with a certain number of miles awarded per dollar spent.
- Additional bonus miles may be earned for making in-flight Wi-Fi purchases and by making American Airlines purchases during the card anniversary year.
3. Companion Certificate: Cardmembers are often eligible for a companion certificate each card anniversary. This certificate allows you to bring a companion on a domestic round-trip flight for a small fee (plus taxes and fees) when you purchase a qualifying ticket.
4. Priority Boarding: Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights, including Group 5 boarding, which allows you to board the plane earlier and secure overhead bin space for your carry-on items.
5. Free Checked Bag: You and up to four companions on your reservation can check your first bag for free on domestic American Airlines flights, which can result in significant savings.
6. In-Flight Savings: Get a 25% discount on eligible in-flight food and beverage purchases when you use your Aviator Red Mastercard on American Airlines flights.
7. TSA PreCheck/Global Entry Credit: The card often provides a statement credit for the application fee for either TSA PreCheck or Global Entry. These programs help expedite security and customs processes when traveling.
8. No Foreign Transaction Fees: The card typically does not charge foreign transaction fees, making it an ideal choice for international travel.
9. Travel and Purchase Coverage: Cardmembers may receive various travel and purchase protections, including trip cancellation/interruption insurance, travel accident insurance, and extended warranty coverage on eligible purchases.
10. Mastercard Benefits: As a Mastercard, the Aviator Red may offer additional benefits such as Price Protection, Identity Theft Resolution Services, and more. These benefits can vary and are subject to change.
11. Annual Fee: Aviator Red Mastercard has an annual fee, which is assessed each year. Be sure to consider the annual fee when evaluating whether this card is the right choice for you.
12. Credit Score Requirements: Approval for the Aviator Red Mastercard is typically offered to individuals with good to excellent credit.
Please note that credit card offerings can change, and specific benefits, rewards, and terms may be updated or revised over time. To get the most accurate and up-to-date information on the Aviator Red Mastercard's offerings and benefits, it's advisable to visit the official Barclays or American Airlines website or contact the card issuer directly. Additionally, carefully review the card's terms and conditions, including the annual fee and any eligibility requirements, to determine if it aligns with your travel and financial needs.